Thursday, February 14, 2013
Kickin' Out Sport!
A couple of weekends ago, I attended Hope Community Church with a dear friend. While there, the pastor brought up a point that I had never thought about. He said that our faith was meant to be personal not private. I didn't really think about this until a few days later. When I started to reflect on what he said I realized just how private my faith and relationship with Christ is. I started having convicted feelings about this. After several days of praying, I really felt God pushing me to share all the wonderful things he is doing in my life. Unfortunately, there is no possible way for me to share everything that is going on in my life with everyone in person. So I decided to start this blog. I figure why not; I have always loved to write.
It took me quite a while to think of a name for my blog. I pondered several ideas but I didn't really like any of them. Since I am an elementary school teacher, I tend to make connections to everything (let's just say we practice this a lot in kindergarten). Looking back at my life, I realized that a lot of my favorite childhood memories revolve around "Kickin' Out Sport!" I was very blessed to have an AMAZING Papa Hoss. I truly believe there is no grandfather that could ever compare (not that I am biased or anything)! Papa Hoss would always call our days together "Kickin' Out Sport". Why? I really have no idea. On these days, we would go to work with him and dance for his coworkers, drive golf carts all around the lumber warehouse, eat lunch at Burger King, drive through the woods and look at lumber, go to Walmart and pick out any toy we wanted (not that we were spoiled, haha!), head back to the house to play Barbies, and head to the store in the afternoon for a round of checkers (that always came with a Fudge Round and a bottled Coke). Occasionally, he would throw in a few other surprises! I loved coming home and telling my parents all about the things we did while "Kickin' Out Sport." I would get so excited about sharing this and still to this day I get so excited thinking about what we did on those days.
So, this brings me to the name of my blog. I want to feel this same excitement when I share God with others. I want others to see Jesus in all that I do and I want them to see what he is doing in my life. I am not really good at sharing my feelings with others but it is time to change that!
I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.
Philemon 1:6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this tisser! So proud of you! This is awesome!
ReplyDelete