Yes I know it is not technically spring! But, really who wants to be technical? This weekend to me has signified a change in season! It has been warm, sunny, beautiful, and does not get dark until after 7!
If you asked my family they would most certainly tell you that I do not handle change well at all. But I on the other hand would argue that! Change is so exciting. Have I always felt that way....ABSOLUTELY NOT!
I have always been one to like consistency. Consistent people in my life, consistent routines, and a consistent day-to-day plan. But over the last few years, God has opened my eyes up to how wonderful change can be and that no matter what changes he is consistent. My life will never be inconsistent as long as I trust in the Lord! I used to fight change. I did not want to go off to college (in fact there is a hilarious story that involves me crying on the kitchen floor the night before move in day---you'll have to ask my family to share it with you!) but I am so glad I did! I was terrified to graduate from college and begin teaching but God has done amazing things in my job. And I thought for sure me moving to a new town completely by myself would turn into a disaster and instead it has been nothing short of wonderful!
While sitting on my porch earlier today, I reflected on what God has done in my life this past year. Have things changed? YES! Has God been a part of those changes? YES! Did God promise me peace in every change? YES! I am so excited and overwhelmed by the thoughts of what changes God will bring in this new season for me! To begin welcoming this change I have set 3 goals for myself!
1- No more school work on the weekends! I know this sounds impossible but I will honestly admit I have not thought about school this weekend at all. My goal is to get up early, work hard during the week, and have fun on the weekends!
2- Take some time to appreciate God's beautiful creation. Spring is such an amazing time of the year. Everything is so pretty but so often we just rush right past it. This spring I want to enjoy the flowers, the birds chirping, and the warm sunshine!
3- Accept the peace that God offers us. I know that this will not be a perfect season. Whether big or small, something will go wrong (let's face it everyday cannot be perfect). But, instead of letting it get to me, it is my goal to turn to God for peace!
So,
HELLO SPRING! HELLO CHANGE!
The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29:11
Yes my dear Shannon...we can certainly attest to the kitchen floor moment! We can also say that seeing your life change since that faithful night has been awesome. We love you and are so proud of you. You are excactly right: Change is hard, God is consistent, and sweet girl our love for you is too!
ReplyDelete